The Year in Review - Christmas "Green"tings

In the past, I've done my best to craft an entertaining and informative Christmas letter.   I've always delivered this letter via email in the interest of time and the preserving the environment - I figured the email was the "green" way to do this.  This year, I though it was only appropriate to use the blog as a way of sharing what's happened the last 12 months.

January - March
  • We took a long-weekend trip to  Steele, Alabama.  It was our annual winter bouldering trip, and the weather was pretty agreeable.  It's not often you can wear short sleeves in February, not when you're a Wisconsinite.  
  • We spent a great deal of time at Adventure Rock, our local climbing gym, passing the winterish days and preparing for spring climbing. 

April - June
  • I secretly started my blog, figuring I was too boring to entertain anyone. 
  • With the end of the school year in sight, I joined my cousin and some of her friends in the Illinois for her bachelorette party.  We desperately sought what little sun was available and sat by the pool, drank tasty drinks, enjoyed a fabulous meal...and much more. 
  • One of our very dearest friends, Bobby, married Leah.  The ceremony brought a number of us Wisconsin alum back to Madison, where we partied like we were still college kids. 
  • My cousin Jenny married Louis, a really great addition to our extended family.  Thanks for inviting me to share in your big day.  It was beautiful. 

July - September
  • I shared news of my blog with everyone - thanks to everyone who reads!
  • Brian and I spent a few weeks living like nomads - we visited:  Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Glacier National Park, and Theodore Roosevelt National Park.  Showers were few and far between, but it was a great trip for us (lots of animal sightings, hiking and bonding). 
  • After weeks of travel and long hikes, I found out I had a bone fragment in the tendon of my right ankle, and I had surgery on my ankle and a few toes.  I spent the rest of the summer wobbling about the house.  
  • The school year began, and I said goodbye to free time and stress-free living. 
  • We acquired season tickets and spent nearly every Saturday in Madison cheering on my beloved Badgers - it has been a great season! 

October - December
  • We traveled to Minnesota for our friend Mike's wedding.  He and Sarah are a great couple.  We had a lot of fun, probably too much!
  • With a number of our fiends joining us, we traveled to Kentucky for a weekend of climbing, hiking and fun.  It was a great way to spend Teachers' Convention. 
  • Brian was featured in an interview in Climbing Magazine
  • Brian traveled to Yosemite, CA to meet with some fellow climbers for a collaborative climber-type project.  I stayed home...boo! 
  • Brian finally got to watch a Michigan game from inside the Big House.  I watched my Badgers beat down the Wolverines.  Go Big Red!!
  • I completed my last graduate course and began work on my thesis - graduation is projected for May 2011
  • We're mentally preparing for the Rose Bowl and a great game - I am all geared up; now I have to get Brian's Badger pride amped up.  

I hope that everyone enjoys a healthy, prosperous year, and I hope that this past year has been one filled with love and happiness.  Merry Christmas! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone