Meatloaf...and I'm Not Talking About The Food

My taste in music, much like other aspects of my life, is an interesting blend.  I enjoy everything from Country to Indie Rock.  So when the radio failed to capture my attention this afternoon, I turned to my trusted CD collection, which is quite reflective of my range of musical interests.  Today was definitely a Meatloaf kind of day.

As I belted out some of my personal favorites like "Bat Out of Hell" and "Paradise By the Dashboard Light", I was struck with a memory that made me laugh uncontrollably.  I had vivid visions of singing these very songs with my friend Katie last Friday evening.  I also remember the horrified looks on Brian and Ryan's faces as we sang all too loudly and enthusiastically.

I feel a 'Thank You' is in order for both my mom and Katie.  Mom, thanks for playing Meatloaf records and tapes when I was little.  I certainly learned to love him because of that.  Katie, thanks for loving Meatloaf enough to join me in a late night sing-along.

Comments

  1. I'm a fellow Meatloaf-aholic. Glad I'm not the only one. :) Good stuff!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone