GO BIG RED

It is already one week later, and I'm still riding high on the excitement that was last weekend's Badger game.

Since Brian had rock climbing plans Saturday morning, my 'son' Nick picked me up, and he and I drove to Madison together.  I'm used to a rather quiet driving buddy, so I was pleasantly surprised to find that Nick and I had so much to talk about - Bradford athletics, our friend Rob's gym, and education.

When we got to Madison, I was really excited to reunite with Katie, my very best friend.  We haven't seen each other in quite a while, and we used to spend a lot of time together in Madison while I was in school, so it was very appropriate that our long-awaited reunion took place in MadTown on a football Saturday.

Despite the insane crowds and the horrible parking situation, we arrived at the stadium and made our way to our seats just in time to see kickoff.  Good thing we were timely.  The Badgers returned the kickoff for a touchdown.  The stadium went wild, and it was evident that this was going to be a great game.

By halftime we were up by 17 points, and though the third quarter was not our finest quarter of the game, we put quite a few points on the board and played an impressive game.  I don't know that I've felt more anxious during a game.  Likewise, I don't know that I've ever cheered louder, and I am an avid cheerer.

Throughout the game, I found myself thinking back to a similar game seven years ago when the Badgers defeated Ohio State during another night game.  We stormed the field after the victory, and I misplaced my brother (TEMPORARILY).  Though I didn't make it down to the field this game, the atmosphere was just as great... and so was the opportunity to gloat.  Brian and been predicting a loss all week, and I love to prove him wrong.   Thanks for that opportunity Wisconsin Football!  Thanks.


Katie and me

the man with the angry face sitting behind us was the most negative person EVER 


Victory!! Student storming the field

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone