Home Sweet Home


Glacier National Park, MT
We were up early Wednesday in order to pack up and head out.  Before leaving, we visited the Two Medicine area of the park.  It was extremely windy once again, so we didn’t spend much time there. After checking out the lake, we drove and drove until we reached North Dakota, where we visited Theodore Roosevelt National Park.  There is a 36-mile scenic loop that one can drive.  We opted to do that (which was fine as there were very few trails to hike, and I was struggling to walk on my swollen, sore ankle).  It was nearly 8pm when we arrived in town, so there was little open; apparently everything closes by 7pm in Medora, ND.  After our tour of the park, which included a buffalo trotting along side our car and numerous prairie dog sightings, we drove to Dickinson, ND for a night of rest and relaxation.
It took a lot of work to find a vacancy in a respectable hotel in town.  There were quite a few hotels (but no Starbucks - lame), but oil company workers occupied almost all of the rooms in town.  We were able to find a room, a suite in fact, and there we spend the night unwinding from hours of driving and days of living outdoors.  
We left Dickinson by 8am Mountain Time, and after about 14 hours, we pulled into our driveway.  I must have been extremely tired because I agreed to call it a night before unpacking the car.  As happy as I am to be home (and to get my girls back), I cannot express how much fun the trip was.  I grumbled about the lack of showers and the 13 nights living without walls, but it was a great experience.  When motivated, I sure can be an outdoors-woman! Thanks for the motivation, BR.  
(A fellow hiker from Mt. Washburn, Yellowstone NP, WY) I wanted to bring him home, and he wanted to come home to meet the cats, but there was just no room in the car. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone