Good Food, Great Friend


Yesterday, I met up with a friend for dinner and drinks.  After a short traffic stall (the second time I was in stand-still traffic in as many days), I made it to the restaurant and the fun began.  
We spend a bit of time catching up on the ins and outs of daily life.  We laughed a lot about our shared perspectives on marriage and babies — BR, I realize I should thank you for tolerating me.  Then the conversation changed directions. We began to reminisce about the past.  We talked about boys, parties, school, and just how cool we were, not that either of us ever really forgot that part.
 A particularly fond memory was of a sleep-over birthday party.  Somewhere, there are pictures to prove just how awesomely stylish we were as middle schoolers.  Think inside-out sweatshirts, boxer shorts with the waistband rolled, and sunglasses (and yes, that was cool at the time - we were basically trend setters).  
I guess we still are just as cool as we once were, as evident by the creeper at the bar offering to buy us all shots.  Somehow, we were able to avoid the allure of our bar buddy, who was offering to buy us shots of rail whiskey.   
Many hours later, when the night was over, I couldn’t help but laugh.  How lucky am I to have a friend who helps me remember all those great moments in my past and who still tolerates me in the present.  Thanks, Dany, for a totally fun night. We’ll have to do it again soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone