Our Sweet 16!

About 2/3 of our married life has been just the two of us. It is wild to do that math — it seems like there wasn’t life before our bèbes. And now, we’re lucky to finish 2/3 of a sentence, and 2/3 of any given meal I make for myself goes to my children. As for sleep, well I think I’ll do that again some day. Parenting is a lot of work, and I wouldn’t change a thing, as tired as I am. Truthfully, it’s really hard for me to be away from my kids, especially overnight, as bedtime is sacred time, but this last year was hard, and I felt a part of me - the me who is something other than a mom, slipping away, too. So we needed to do something, just BRunn and me. 

Back to Cabo we went for four glorious, sun-filled days. 



DIA lounging 

I read three books and drank all the drinks




Clearly, I has some serious mom-guilt to work through as we headed off to Mexico. And I did. I limited my check-ins and leaned into the quieter, slower pace to our days. We talked. We read. We laughed. We lounged. We reconnected. It was amazing! 


Happy 16th! 








It wasn’t our typical go, go, go kind of trip. (I didn’t have a single water bottle to fill for bike support work, a pack to stuff for hiking or climbing, a diaper bag to check and re-check.) I looked at Brian at one point, and we both laughed at how much we were out of our typical element. Then we smiled. We were fine. Just fine on this bougie beach vacation, as we called it, so fine we might just have to make it an annual event.  


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone