Hakuna Matata!

Sixth-grade Amy could never have imagined the evening that unfolded Friday.

You see, sixth-grade Amy had a Lion King themed birthday party; sixth-grade Amy (and many younger versions of Amy) spent a great deal of time near the Marcus Center as it is directly across the street from MGIC, my dad's employer for 30+ years; sixth-grade Amy was not thinking about married life or parenthood.



But fast-forward a few [several] years, and adult-Amy got to spend the evening at the Marcus Center, and got take in all the magnificence that was Disney Presents The Lion King. But only after adult-Amy had to work her way through a major parenting first.

A late afternoon phone call announcing the first full-on illness for my tiny sidekick had me reeling. The bee in her tummy, as H called it, was pretty relentless for a stretch and I was ready to hit the 'sell tickets' button on my Ticketmaster app almost immediately.  After some convincing from the more rational parent of the moment (or more rational adult in general??), I decided sleep was best for H, and the show was best for me.




Mom, Dad, and I made our way downtown and did our best - we were all half there and half at home with H - to settle in to enjoy the show.  The beverages certainly helped; right, Mom?!  And soon, like Simba, I was livin' that hakuna matata life.

Truthfully, the performance and all the performers were phenomenal.  I was immediately captivated by the sights and sounds, by the feeling that I was right there in Pride Rock with Zazu [loved him!], Mufasa, and the others.  It was a fantastic (yet late) two hours.





If you're able to make it to the show during this the final week of its MKE run, gather your herd, leap like a gazelle, and go, go, go!

I'm so pleased I was able to see the show while it was in Milwaukee, and I beyond grateful to have spent the evening with my parents.  And thanks for the up-close parking MGIC -- and Dad!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone