We Read A Book and I Liked It

No cherry chapstick to speak of - sorry Katy Perry - but lots of good conversation and plenty of laughs - how many times in life do you get to say you know someone who had to rescue a stuffed (the once living now not sort of stuffed) lion from loosing a once valuable appendage?

The most recent read for our Reading Between the Wines crew was Jenny Lawson’s Furiously Happy.  And I furiously enjoyed it.  It took me a bit to really settle into the book, but I'm glad I committed. 





In fact, I found much of what I read quite liberating.  While I didn't expect a story about Lawson's daily experiences with mental illness to resonate with me on any profound level (I thought it might be more of a how-to manual when it came to supporting my kiddos), it surely did.  It gave me some freedom as a mom and a partner to really lean into the mantra of one of my heroes - and Lawson's friend - Brene Brown, who encourages people to believe, truly, that everyone is doing their best. 

I became so 'all-in' on this that I requested a copy of Let's Pretend This Never Happened  (support public libraries, people!) from my local library - the audiobook was available soonest, which was a lucky accident because listening to Lawson orate her life stories made me laugh out loud a lot - like laugh until I cried LOL.  

It's not your typical read, not the average memoir, if you can even call it that, Furiously Happy is all sorts of good, and I really did like it - and I'm buying a shirt from Lawson's popup book store and bar! 


I had to add a few of Lawson's words to my Wall or Wonderful Words

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

Stylin' in My New Ride!

My Dad, OUR Hero