Cousin Time

I am so blessed to have cousins with whom I have always been close. Our parents’ bond spilled over into our lives, and we spent much of our childhood together. Sleepovers and vacations together were regular occurrences - and have produced many classic stories (forgotten luggage, Munchkins, family toasts, and an over-served crew on the Vegas strip just to name a few).  And we continue to find ways to share our lives and time with one another, now often thanks to the many adventures of our children.

An especially significant relationship I have is with my cousin Jenna, my run buddy. From sleepovers and borrowing all the best books to training runs and hours-long conversations, our time together is always special.

This weekend, after far too much time apart, we enjoyed one of our amazing coffee dates. We grabbed a table in the shade and our beverages of choice, and filled each other in on all the comings and goings in our lives: We talked parenthood, home building, health, and so much more.  As always, our time together flew by. We really can fill hours (and hours...and hours) with conversation - and maybe even a workout.

It was such a lovely way (thanks, JL) to spend a lovely day (thanks, WI weather - finally)!


JL and AJ run 13.1

Celebrating our accomplishment with a drink that’s half my size 



One of our Al’s Run experiences 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

Stylin' in My New Ride!

My Dad, OUR Hero