Different Sorts of Game Days

Saturdays sure have always kept me on my toes - what lucky Badger gear should I wear and what items  should I avoid (those super cute but oh-so-bad-luck-inducing Bucky socks).  What time should we head to Madison and in what order to hit the bars?

And with an undefeated season on the line and the bad guys of Michigan coming to town, this weekend will be no different....except now it's ensuring burp rags coordinate with Badger gear.  The past few Saturdays have been really nice ones, and not just because of the Badger victories.  We got to spend game day with family.

Two weekends ago, HQ and her cousin Tommy got to take in their first game together, and Tommy and I got to share popcorn and chips.  With Badger alums for parents, both Tommy and Harper are sure to receive lots of not-so-subtle hints that THE University of Wisconsin is a great and honorable institution and the school of choice - cheers to my favorite member of the Class of 2039. While we missed Uncle Jeff, it was so fun to see the rest of the Kaminski crew and to share some HQ time with them.  And it was really nice to see my cousins and hear what will surely become classic work stories (Thanks, Annie, for keeping us laughing!).


Harper spent her most recent game day meeting her Jarvis family.  Like Tommy, Winston is quite the handsome little man, and he surely will show HQ the ropes when it comes to all things little human. We had lunch, caught up on life, and managed to get some pretty cute pictures of the little cousins in their Badger gear.  There is something especially heartwarming (and game day anxiety erasing) about watching the people who knew you when you were your baby's size - your baby: gosh, will that ever not sound like the craziest and most awesome phrase?! - snuggling up with your little one!

With the holidays - and my birthday - fast approaching, we'll surely have more time with family, and I cannot wait -- for that time together and for more checks in the W column for Bucky!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Stylin' in My New Ride!