Devil's Lake Sunday

The other weekend, Mom and Dad and I were talking about spending time outdoors, and we decided that it was high time we all go for a hike together, so yesterday we took advantage of the gorgeous weather and headed to Devil's Lake State Park, a place I typically frequent with Brian and our climber pals.

Despite the gorgeous weather, the park was not terribly crowded, which was shocking to me.  All too often, we head to the Lake for a day of climbing and find that five hundred (or so it seems) of our closest climber/hiker friends are out and about.  But after shuffling past a few people on the Tumbled Rocks Trail, we were either entirely by ourselves or separated from any crowds by a few hundred feet of trail for the duration of our day.  We decided to walk around the entire lake, so the time and the relative privacy gave us plenty of time to take in the sights and catch up on life.

It was sunny and warm -- and bug-free -- the entire trip,and in my book, it was a fabulously wonderful Sunday Funday.

Dad and Mom :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Stylin' in My New Ride!