Boulder, What Have You Done to Me?

Today I was able to get in a lunch date with my favorite Boulderite before the rain came, but the rain did come, and that left me asking myself, "So, now what?"

This type of weather in the middle of summer would typically have sent me running for my favorite reading chair, where you would find me snuggled up under a blanket reading a book (or probably some junk magazine that I should have been ashamed of purchasing (read: US Weekly), but instead I am staring longingly in the direction of the Flatirons, wondering when the weather will break, and rescheduling the rest of my very busy (yeah, I'm being sarcastic here) day to ensure I can get in some outside activity, a hike or a run or something.

It's no secret that sitting still isn't a strength of mine.  Brian will be the first to tell you that he has to pause any given show we watch multiple times because I hop up, on a whim, to take care of some all-important task such as brushing the cats or sweeping the floor.  It's a sickness, I know.  But the sheer amount of 'stuff' to do here in Boulder has driven me to levels of perpetual motion never before reached.  And while I continue to love my sleep (and usually require bribing when an early wake-up call is put in place), I have truly tried to make the most of my time in the Frontrange.


Recently, I looked at an online to-do list for Boulder, and it turns out that I've ticked quite a few of the items off that list.  While part of me is very pleased with having done so much, another part of me realizes that this means the end is nearer than the beginning; oh, and if I could rewind time and do it all over again, I sure would, in a heartbeat!

climbing at Lower Chaos, RMNP 

Looking back, here are a few of the things I've done:


- Hiked Mt. Sanitas and Green Mountain with the hubbers and the sis

- Hiked to Dream Lake, Emerald Lake and Lake Haiyaha (RMNP) and to Royal Arch -sisters gettin' it done!

- Hiked a 14er or two (Mt. Bierstadt and Quandary Peak) with the hubbers -- more to come, I hope

- Climbed the Second Flatirons and climbed at Flagstaff Mountain with the Wisconsin crew

- Hiked to Flattop Mountain and Hallett's Peak (RMNP) with my very favorite adventure buddy

-  hike the entirety of the Mesa Trail


So back to my question, "So, now what?" Now, it is time to head outside for a bit and make some plans for making the most of tomorrow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Stylin' in My New Ride!