Turkey - In Pictures


So, I've discussed the food and the climbing in Turkey, but I have neglected to discuss the other aspects of our trip, the sights, the sounds and the people.  Part of it is due to how busy I have been with all things grown-up.  Another part of it is due to the fact that I already miss being there so much.  I get emotional thinking about how great and life-changing this trip was.  It opened my eyes to a new culture, it meant I got to visit a new continents, it brought Brian and me closer together, and it made me want to explore the world and immerse myself in it more than I have ever wanted to before.

The trip was too perfect and the sights too amazing not to share, so let me take you on a tour of Turkey, in pictures --


the harbor in Kaleici - old town Antalya 

Hadrianus Gate 
our first encounter with carpet salesmen happened right here, just outside of our hotel

the streets of Kaleici - old town Antalya 
the ruins at Termessos
Brian climbing on the ruins - go figure 
me exploring the ruins 
Atop Mt. Olympos - Beydaglari National Park 

the Hagia Sophia - I loved sitting on the benches here 
out exploring 
looking across Istanbul 

the Grand Bazaar - it was grand (the fancy part)
the Blue Mosque  

from our hotel in Istanbul 



(and don't be surprised if you check this post at a later date and find I've added even more photos -- every time I look at them, I fall in love with the pictures more and more)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Stylin' in My New Ride!