Last Friday was an exciting day for me. Though the new school year was rapidly approaching and my nerves were out of control in anticipation of starting a new school year in a new school with a relatively unfamiliar staff, I happily headed to the car dealership to pick up my new ride, a beautiful white Ford Fusion with all sorts of bells and whistles! We haven't had a new car in the Runnells family in a few years...and that car quickly became Brian's. This car, however, is all mine and I LOVE IT!! A big THANK YOU goes out to my hubbers, who dealt with all the less-than-enjoyable stuff that went along with getting this car (suffice it to say, our initial car salesman was less than professional and almost drove us to another dealership). I think about it each time I get into the car. Doesn't my ALUMNI plate holder look good?! Want to listen to a little SIRIUS radio? I'm lovin' making calls via my car Drivi...
On Saturday, May 6, I returned to half marathon racing. It had been quite a hiatus, and my previous half marathon, was completed with a blown out IT band, so I did have to balance high hopes and realistic expectations. After all, a lot has changed since that last race. They say that age is just a number, and by that logic, a half marathon is just miles. 13.1 long and hilly miles in this case, and now officially in the next decade of my life. Yeah, yeah, just a number. Last year, still in my 30s, I toyed with the idea of returning to racing and with running the Door County Half Marathon. We were in Peninsula State Park for our annual Mother’s Day weekend, and the race was taking place. It seemed like the perfect opportunity to get back to some really good training. Our plan - always - is to be in Door County for our Mother’s Day celebration, so why not sign up?! Well, back to numbers. Two children, one partner, too many hours at work each week, one bike ride/race to each weekend, an...
August 13, 2010 Though I’ve made a habit of visiting the Wisconsin State Fair with my parents on its opening day, this year I was unable to do so; I was still recovering from surgery. Understanding my love of the fair and my need to get out of the house, Brian agreed to take me to the fair on Friday night. We met up with his cousin, Amy, her husband, and our sister, Becky. There was some rain in the forecast, but that did not deter us, and neither did my inability to walk. I got my first wheelchair riding experience (see my previous post for a picture of wheelchair-bound Amy). I haven’t yet recovered my normal appetite, but I did my best to sample some of the fair goodies. Most important on my list of must-eats was flavored milk - nothing deep-fried or on a stick for this girl! I’m convinced that it’s not only the tastiest treat at the fair but also the most economical - it’s only a quarter per glass! I really enjoy the root beer milk. We saw some of ...
Comments
Post a Comment